Spinach dip is always a crowd-pleaser, but put it in a bread cauldron and you’ve got an appetizer guests will never forget.
Impress guests with this crafty Halloween appetizer, which cleverly transforms pumpernickel bread, breadsticks and cream cheese into a basket, then fills it with a super-simple creamy spinach dip.
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 c. chopped scallions
- 1/4 c. shredded carrots
- Wilton leaf green icing color (optional)
- 2 refrigerated breadsticks (from an 11-oz can)
- Wilton Black Icing Color
- 1 round loaf pumpernickel bread
- 1 package cream cheese
- In tool dish, combine sour lotion, mayo, basil, black pepper, garlic powder as well as salt; mix well. Stir in spinach, scallions as well as carrots; mix well. Color green with icing shade if wanted. Cover and also cool 2 hours or overnight for flavors to create.
- Heat stove to 350 ° F. Unroll 2 connected breadsticks from package of refrigerated breadsticks. Twist as well as form right into manage shape. Insert toothpick into each end as well as cook as package directs. (You can bake the staying breadsticks too and also offer them as an accompaniment to dip. Ensure to cook them immediately after opening the plan).
- Remove to rack to cool totally. Repaint handle with black topping shade. Cut complement bread as well as hollow out to create a dish. Put deal with into top of bread dish.
- In a tiny dish, color lotion cheese black with topping shade. Transfer to ziptop bag. Trim 1/2-in. opening from one corner of bag. Pipe around top of cauldron. Spoon dip into top of cauldron. Offer with Pumpkin-Shaped Tortilla Dippers and also raw vegetables.